What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
Laser Tattoo Removal is a laser treatment used to remove unwanted tattoos. People get tattoo removed for many reasons and we are here to safely help you achieve that. At Laser Flavor we use the latest a Q-switched ND: Yag Laser tattoo removal technology, which is the gold standard for tattoo removal. This machine is great and effective for all color tattoos.
What to Expect
- The treatment will be performed by a Medical Board Licensed Laser Practitioner
- The treatment will last a few minutes depending on the size
- The tattoo will frost but will be back regular in about 30 minutes
- The treatment is not painless, but it is quick
Before Care / Aftercare
- 2 weeks before no tanning or sun exposure without sunscreen
- No spray tanning 3 weeks before
- Shave the treatment area the day before
- Apply numbing topical 30 mins before treatment (optional)
- Limit physical activity for 24 hours
- Limit sun exposure for 24 hours after the appointment
- You can shower but use lukewarm water and mild soap
- No picking, scratching or touching (with dirty hands) the area
- Avoid smoking, drinking, and caffeine before and after your appointment
- Photosensitive medication
- Infections of the skin including shingles
- Open wounds
- Photosensitivity medications (Bactrim, tetracycline)
- Keloids and skin cancers
- Auto immune disorder
- Sunburn on the area
Possible side effects
- Treatment spot may be pink, white or red
- Pinpoint bleeding
- Red, yellow, or clear discharge with swelling
What kind of tattoos can be removed?
All tattoos can be treated.
How many sessions will I need?
Removing tattoos is a fading process that will require a few treatments. The number of treatments that you will need depends on the following factors: Age of tattoo, depth, color, amount of ink, location of tattoo, etc. Black ink responds the best to the removal system. Most tattoos can be removed in 4-12 sessions.
Will my tattoo be completely removed?
With the correct treatment plan, in most cases yes. It is very rare that you will not see improvement or total removal.
How often can I get the procedure?
Every 8-12 weeks. They are spread out so that your skin has time to heal.
How long will the sessions take?
Only a few minutes.
Does it hurt?
It feels like a rubber band is popping you, but it is a fast process.